WARNING!

Many, if not all, of the characters are taken from licensed videogames, cartoons and artwork. I do not claim to have invented any of the characters or even necessarily have created the crafting ideas. There are simply things I, my friends and family have chosen to make for ourselves and each other when the items prove impossible to find or are simply too expensive for our humble pocketbooks! I want to make these ideas and their process of creation easily accessible to those who might also enjoy them!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mario Clock

Super Paper Mario Wall Clock

The simple wall clock is very easy to personalize in any theme or design you'd like! I chose to make a Paper Mario theme since it matches the decor of my son's videogame room.

What you will need:
1 simple wall clock. I got the Mainstays brand clock (black rimmed) from Wal-mart for about $3-4.

Either a color printer and a picture of your choice OR artistic talent!
Scissors
A screwdriver
Marker (or some other little decal or something to mark the numbers of the clock)

Step one:
Take the clock apart. It isn't too difficult. Pop the face off using the screwdriver to loosen the screws. I then took the hands off the face and pulled the paper they had glued to the original clock off. This left the back part wide open for the next step.

Step 2:
Print off a picture of your choice, or draw, paint or make your own artwork for the face. Make sure to add the numbers or marks onto the art.

Step 3:
I used the original paper to trace the correct size circle onto the new piece I would be using. Cut that out and place on the backing. Make sure to punch out the hole in the middle to make a good fit.

Step 4:
Place the hands back into the middle of the clock and reattach the back of the clock with the screws.

Step 5:
Make sure that everything is back in place so that the hands are moving smoothly.

Step 6:
Enjoy your awesome creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment